View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 07:04 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
I think it's stuff like this where you lose people Carl.
Off the top of my head, I can't recall you ever agreeing with me. So when you try to counsel me on how I might be losing people, I don't think you have an accurate picture of who I've won or lost.

I don't believe the vast majority honestly thinks that the negotiators just took what was handed to them across the table with no effort to maximize our return. That would be an exaggeration for effect by trying to paint something in the extreme.
If there was any real negotiations, it couldn't have been much. The time was so short and threats by management were so many.

I also recall hearing that the company had a plan B and it was the MEC's belief that plan B would not garner us the same or better improvements to our PWA, like the minimum mainline block hour ratios associated with the small jet scope, based on the information they had.
It was not the MEC's belief. It was the NC's belief and that of certain MEC administrators, but not the MEC. Our MEC was put in a no-win situation by the NC and certain administrators.

While one might have wanted more (or a lot more for that matter), it doesn't mean the negotiators surrendered.
How about you? Might you have wanted more?

I'm of the opinion they got what they thought they could get. I've never had the impression that they would stop trying to get more if they thought there was a calculated chance of a successful outcome for the pilot group.
If that was true, those negotiators would still be here along with those administrators. They're all gone now and they're gone as a result of their actions. They don't get to decide whether there's a calculated chance of a greater outcome by pushing for more. The MEC gets to make that decision. That didn't happen. The NC signed the TA when they knew it specifically did not meet the pilot's survey and gave up profit sharing which the MEC prohibited them from doing.

I don't view them as some miscreants trying to do me harm.
I don't view them as miscreants either.

I view them as my fellow pilots, with the help of professionals, trying the best they can to get the most they can for all of us. That's just my opinion.
My opinion is the opposite. Others agree with me...that's why those folks are no longer serving.

Unfortunately, stuff like this on this forum usually seems to go on and on and on and on and on.
You seem to be lamenting legitimate debate on this forum. Why?

Carl