View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 AM
MX442
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
World does have a training contract. I take it that there is a reason why you want to take the training and run
I don't look at it as "taking the training and run". I am seeking employment at an AMCI carrier to gain experience as career progression. Specifically, I see a $48k training contract as higher than industry standard. If I had a near-future opportunity for further career progression, of course I would take it. Who wouldn't? But, I would be discriminated from moving on because my bank account does not have enough zeros. Obviously this answers most of my concerns and makes a case that it is not the right career fit for me. If this is their way of weeding out applicants, then they were successful.

I do not intend to insult anyone at these carriers. I want to keep my options open, yet be qualified for the most available employers. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and I'll wish I had taken the bird in hand if my career is stagnating 3 years from now. Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to do it. But I can't stomach the consequences.

Last edited by MX442; 05-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.