Old 08-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

This post is truly amazing. The more I read it, the more subtle things jump out. First, there's the obvious: the absolutely incredible level of condescension conveyed throughout the posting. I'm sure you may get some responses, but any professional pilot worth hiring would probably steer clear of this simply based on that. I can't imagine what sort of work environment you guys would create with this as your starting point.

Originally Posted by SoltnDiscovery View Post
a gleaming CV/Resume,
Technically, CV (or Curriculum Vitae) and Resume are not interchangeable terms - but I guess as long as either one is "gleaming" they'll do, right?

.. are available in Miami, Fl in September for 2 weeks
So, any two weeks will do? The first and last of the month? Should they be consecutive? Dealer's choice?

.. much like much of the military we won't compromise our standards..
"much like much"?? So, you won't compromise your standards like the portion of the military that does compromise its standards? Whose military are we talking about anyway?

If you think you're up to the exceptionally high minimums
"think you're up" to the minimums? Minimums are sort of a yes or no situation, right? If someone can't even figure that out for certain, do you really want to hire them?

If not, good luck and safe landings.
Nice of you to dismiss the unwashed masses with some good wishes.

Closing date for CVs and all relevant information and covering letter 7th AUGUST 1700hrs Zulu (GMT).
Probably a good idea you added the (GMT) there. I'm sure Zulu all by itself would have been pretty confusing for all the pilots.

Good luck and safe landings - Hopefully you'll find someone for your "gig".