Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:29 AM
sandrich
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by eman View Post
I had a copy of a letter my current employer received from the FAA on their records check when I was hired and can't remember if on the letter there is a section confirming any checkride failures or not. I know it listed all my certificates.

So...I remember my CFI checkride 1st attempt was unsuccessful due to the demonstration of a maneuver, I logged additional training the next day and a day later passed the CFI checkride with the same DPE. For the life of me I cannot remember if I was given a "fail" or not. I put that I failed a checkride on my application and attached an explanation letter. But lately am wondering if it's even on there as a fail and if it's going to hurt my chances of getting a shot at interviewing. Any thoughts?

I know I should have copies of all records I can buy, but finances are dismal on minimum wage, I don't even fill up my gas tank lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same exact thing happened to me... It's considered a failure. There's 3 outcomes of a checkride: Sat, Unsat, and letter of discontinuance (weather or mechanical cause the checkride to stop). Considering you did get a sat or LOD on the first try, I believe it's considered an unsat. I busted steep turns (dumb mistake) but was able to complete the other parts of the checkride. Was an unsat, I retrained steep turns, and the next day went up and did just steep turns with the DPE... I definitely disclose it on any applications. I'd rather explain what I learned from something that they may not find, than try and hide something that they do find.