Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 AM
eman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Default jetBlue Hiring

Originally Posted by Std Deviation View Post
The FAA maintains three different types of records: Enforcement action (EIS), accident/incidents (AID), and basic airman information.

The basic airman info is maintained on microfiche (but is required to be computerized in a database as part of the modified PRIA from the Airline Safety Act of 2010). Those files contain the results of knowledge (written) and practical exams. They cannot be released without specific permission from the pilot (or a court order). Unless the airline specifically requests them (and a pilot signs off) they will not get the results of a practical or written. Typical PRIA requests include only AIS and EIS not basic airman info.

Inspectors can request a "blue ribbon package" (called so internally because of a hole punched through all the pages and secured by a blue ribbon). This is everything the FAA has on you from day 1.

You can get a copy of everything by writing to:
FAA Airman certification branch
AFS-760
PO Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

Name, address, date and place of birth, cert number, and signature are required.

I'm writing an article that incorporates this info so I've been researching it quite a bit lately. The database is not completed yet. Once online, the airline will have access to everything including performance related issues from prior employers - or interestingly enough, internal standardization flights in part 91 departments if they indicate unsatisfactory performance. This is all covered by PRIA.

Thanks Stddevaiation! I had visited the link to the faa's site but didn't know it could have this much info.

I'm going to try and get a copy through a friend...because I always stopped short of ordering my copies due to money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by eman; 08-04-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: content