View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Starlifter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: 737 FO/Capt/FO

Originally Posted by FLYFLYBOY View Post
i have ICAO cpl licence with 737ng endorsement and about 1700 hrs on type. And i just completed my check ride of FAA ATP on 737ng simulator . And when i asked the school that will i get ATP with 737ng endorsement with license (which i presumed i will ), they just refused it and told me that i will just get ATP with multiengine land on it ..no 737ng.
Now i m so confused and they offered me another course (TYPE RATING )for around 9000usd for 737ng endorsement on my FAA ATP. i don't understand, when i have already 737ng endorsement in my ICAO cpl and have so many hours on type, why not rating just transfer from my other license and why school offering me so expensive course again. Now is there any rule which will by pass this issue and get me endorsement on 737ng.
please help !!!!!!!
My friend,

It doesn't work the way you are thinking. You must go through a type rating course, perhaps a short course, but a course nonetheless to get the FAA type.
Check with your local FSDO if you are in doubt but in my experience there is no automatic transfer of a type rating to an FAA license.

I was in this boat about 7 years ago, 4000hrs on 73,with JAA ATP, had to do sim course in part 142 program to get the type on my FAA license.

Just my experience, YMMV