View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
We'll never pressure you or your commander, but 100% of the time we'll have someone call your unit and introduce themselves as Maj Gen X just to help YOU have a stress-free transition back and forth.
Exactly. At previous company, you entered military leave into the system and no questions were asked. The only time I was questioned by the company was when I entered a long term deployment (7 months). The civilian in charge contacted my commander to confirm the duty and passed along, "Thanks for your service. Call us when you are ready to come back so we can get you qualified and current." Upon my return, I received a personal email from my Chief Pilot again thanking me for my service and explained the quick process of requalification training.

Unlike here where said Maj Gen X told my indoc class, making sure that we knew he was a 2-star, that he doesn't speak to anyone lower than the rank of O-6 when he makes his check-up calls. And that he knows the game so he knows when we really need to be on leave and when we don't. I wonder if he knows the game because he used to abuse military leave himself?

At first I shrugged off his speech to the class. But then I realized it for what it was, a veiled threat.

That's the day I learned that I didn't work for FedEx, but more like "the firm." Because you never know when Bill Devasher was listening or tracking your every move.