View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 AM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
OK.. define "FAR". You like to talk in these grandiose terms about how far down our purchasing power is, and that it is uber important to get that back... and to a degree I agree. Your arguments seem so focused on that... and only that.... that sometimes I have a hard time believing that you truly believe negotiations can and will take place. We have been... again... around this maypole a hundred times, and it will result in you flaming me as accepting a reset and all that garbage... but how much are you willing to accept less than total restoration? It's rhetorical, and you know exactly why. The answer is "it depends". The problem is that it is apparent that you do not trust the negotiators to get the best deal they can. I don't know how to reconcile that, because even seeing the survey is not a panacea. All that will do is give DPA clowns more ammo. Anybody can create a crisis based on a single piece of information. The whole picture is important, and you know it. No matter how transparent the MEC or negotiators are, you will never be able to see the whole picture. And you know that also. I trust Heiko. He's both younger and junior to me, so I KNOW he will live with the results of his work. I'm good with it.
Already answered. You just don't like the answer and want to spin it in an attempt to make me out to be some kind of extremist.

You're right about one thing, though. I don't trust the negotiators to get the best deal they can. Not when they don't have an objective that even remotely resembles restoration and are therefore not even opening with something in the ball park. Our company is making billions. Pilot costs are relatively small in the grand scheme of things. It's not that I think our negotiators are dishonest. I just think their objective is something far short of mine and their mindset is in line with bankruptcy as a reset. That is not going to result in anything like what I think is appropriate or what I will accept. Herman Cain (radio host, former presidential candidate, and highly successful businessman) often talks about "working on the right problem." If our negotiating committee is not working on restoration then they are NOT working on the right problem.