View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:21 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by DAL 88 Driver View Post
Already answered. You just don't like the answer and want to spin it in an attempt to make me out to be some kind of extremist.

You're right about one thing, though. I don't trust the negotiators to get the best deal they can. Not when they don't have an objective that even remotely resembles restoration and are therefore not even opening with something in the ball park. Our company is making billions. Pilot costs are relatively small in the grand scheme of things. It's not that I think our negotiators are dishonest. I just think their objective is something far short of mine and their mindset is in line with bankruptcy as a reset. That is not going to result in anything like what I think is appropriate or what I will accept. Herman Cain (radio host, former presidential candidate, and highly successful businessman) often talks about "working on the right problem." If our negotiating committee is not working on restoration then they are NOT working on the right problem.
The "right" problem is a moving target. For you and me it's money. For the newhires it's bottom end scope. For the old guys it's retirement. Why is your desire any more important than anybody else's? I don't want to pay for bottom end scope. That doesn't make it unimportant to somebody else.

And bankruptcy was a reset. There. I said it. Move on. It was sad, it was wrong, but it is a fact. Life's too short to fret and whine about it. There is nowhere to go but up, and I am good with singles and doubles and not home runs. You can only hit what's pitched. And I can't cry about a relief pitcher that throws a really good curve. I have to learn to hit the curve better. And I am.

Can't wait to read your retort to this.... although I am sure I can write it for you and pretty much hit all your talking points.