Thread: Atlas Question
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 02:04 PM
744driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA

Originally Posted by embraer View Post
Sounds good...I agree: Shoot for the moon. I was just wondering if there was anything that seems to be the consensus of what people want improved. I heard that maybe improving the length of trips was one thing you guys were shooting for, but I'm not sure.

Either way I think Atlas seems great. I feel very privileged to have an opportunity.
It is too early to concede anything since the actual negotiations are about eighteen months away.

One thing that you're gonna hear from all the guys at Atlas is that our company is all about flexibility...well, that flexibility that the company wants in scheduling our flying lines, and the changes that are generated at a moment's notice, come at a price. So far, Atlas has NOT paid a high enough price (meaning, hourly rates, line/trip/bidding guarantees/protections, retirement, etc etc) for this pilot's liking.

That said, it is a good job...it is fun to have layovers in exotic places (sometimes too exotic, if you know what I mean) with great guys (normally!!).

But the excitement of a 747 type rating, or even a 767 rating, can only last for a few minutes (well, a few months) if you are not valued, you are not appreciated as a professional...and that is what we are after (aren't we all?!!), and one way to show me that you care, is...

Show me the money...this ain't no hobby!!

Good luck.