View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 05:13 PM
atpcliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt
Default Atlas New Contract Desired Changes

This would be a major change in the contract and our system. I think it would be a HUGE improvement.

International Gateway Basing with PBS.

Background:
Some organizations, like Kalitta, have Home Basing.
Some organizations, like NetJets, has Gateways.
Some organizations, like Delta, have Bases.
Atlas Air is THE ONLY organization to have two of the three basing options (Home Basing, Gateways, Bases). It is stupid, and causes undue complexity for both the pilots and the company. From what I understand, the reason we have Gateway AND Bases is something punitive left over from the Cato days. It is a really, really bad system, in my opinion.

Details:
-Gateway Basing means no more pilot bases (JFK, IAH, CVG, etc.)
-If you currently live near MIA, and you don't have a Gateway, then your new Gateway is MIA, and that is your base...basically no changes
-If your current gateway is MCI, then MCI is your base
-If you live near Manilla or Rome, then Manilla/Rome is now your Gateway and your Base

Why is Gateway Basing a good idea?
-No more imputed income
-No more trying to get you to and from a Base far away, your Base is near you
-Your pay starts and ends in your base...which is your Gateway

Why International Gateways?
-This part of Gateway Basing will save the company money, and make it easier for us to get Gateway Basing for all of us, as it will lower the cost of the Gateway Basing system.
-If you are Gateway Based in London, and a trip starts or end near London, it will save the company money by having you do the trip, instead of DH some guy from far away to do the trip near London

I welcome all comments, feedback, suggestions, improvements, etc.

God Bless and namaste