Old 09-09-2014, 06:53 PM
450knotOffice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

The only way to fix this problem, in the long run (and it will eventually happen) is for the FFD model to die. Unfortunately, before that happens, pilots will be climbing over each other to secure flying at ever lower compensation levels - just to keep their jobs.

I feel awful for the folks over at the former American Eagle - now Envoy - who have watched that airline transform from a carrier that was, overall, a pretty good place to work, to an airline that is just imploding into nothingness, just as the once massive COMAIR disappeared. American Eagle (Envoy) now appears to be the airline equivalent of the Titanic, which is sad. Thousands of employees - pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers, mechanics - have been employed for a generation with that company, yet now they all facing an almost certain loss of their livelihoods. I feel for all of them. I've spoken with many of the pilots still there, and the mood is DARK.

So, honestly, try to understand where some of the posters on this forum are coming from. They are understandably angry that it has all come to THIS: a true race to the bottom. They tried to hold the line, but ultimately, it didn't matter one bit, and now it seems that many of them will be looking for a new job sooner than later, at probationary wages, at the new "favored"airline of the moment.

Honestly, I feel bad,but I think that airline is toast.