Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 AM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Default International CASS for cockpit jumpseats?

I know that this thread might better belong in the Majors forum, but, since I only ever look at this forum, I thought I'd post it here.

I was a little confused by ALPA's latest email update regarding the international use of CASS, maybe someone who better understands it can clarify.

The email says that international use of CASS is finally, “go for launch!”. ??? I thought we had been using CASS internationally all these years, just without access to the flight deck jumpseat except for on one's own carrier. So, did that change now? The email also mentions United and Alaska as the first two airlines to update their manuals. But, it never really says whether or not we can now ride in the cockpit, off-line, on international flights.

I appreciate any info on this, and hope that we will also be allowing off-line guys international jumpseat reciprocity as they have done for us for years (my captain and I were recently quite embarrassed having to turn down a jumpseat request in Tel Aviv, from a guy who really needed it, and who happens to take FDX'ers home and to work all the time - internationally).

I will also email our Jumpseat Committee Chairman, even though the answers on here might be more interesting.