kbalch
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: CRJ FO (in training)

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Thank you Ken!

You're currently in PNCL training?

How's it going so far?

If you are in training, can you comment on it (in any way)?

A friend of mine told me he had one week of indoc, two weeks of systems (or maybe three weeks, I forget), about a week for FTD and sim prep, then sim sessions. He said it took 8 weeks to get through.

Does that sound about right for you?

How long in MEM do you think you'll end up being for the new hire training, before being released to a base for IOE?

Thanks!
You're welcome!

Yes, I'm currently in training at 9E. It's going well so far and I'm looking forward to finishing up with school and going flying. I completed the ground school portion of training yesterday. We had three written tests (memory items, limitations, and systems) and everyone received their schedules for the next month.

Ground school consisted of two weeks of Indoc and two weeks of systems. Next week (at least on my schedule; everyone's is different) will consist of three CPT sessions and my oral exam. Then I get a week off, followed by two weeks of sim sessions, a checkride, and a LOFT. Then the FAM rides and OE will be scheduled. About nine weeks (in my case) from start of Indoc to LOFT.

We received our base assignments yesterday, as well. Everyone in my class (15 people) got what they wanted. I'll be in MEM, as it's the shortest commute from my home in MCO. I was told to expect less than two months on reserve. If I can get as much flying as I hope (90+ hrs./mo.), I should upgrade late summer or early fall next year. So, I won't have to put up with the low wages for too long.

Hope this answered your questions. If you have anything specific you'd like addressed, send me an email and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,
Ken