Old 09-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Dan64456
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by griff312 View Post
Eagle (envoy) used to have a full medical exam done in house, but when I was hired in 2011, they had reduced it to a hearing test, eye test, and drug test. No test for color deficiency.

Does anyone know if Spirit requires one? The only thing I worry about is the color deficiency test. On my initial medical, I couldn't pass the Ishihara test for color deficiency, so I had to jump through some hoops to take the Farnsworth Lantern Test. I haven't had any troubles with it since. I just hope my next airline doesn't do the plates test, because I'm not sure they would want to go through the trouble to get me the Lantern test.
Same concerns.. but see above in the thread.. the standards are probably going to change soon, and you might be able to pass the second level testing (CAD, etc) when and if they do.. Otherwise if you can't pass, you'll need to take the Waiver ride (Operational and Flight test for color vision).. you'll get a letter of evidence with an unrestricted medical if you pass.
PRACTICE the light gun, charts, etc, if you must go this route. PM me for more info.