Old 10-04-2014, 04:20 PM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

Originally Posted by Sooner91 View Post
Graduating from OU as an air traffic management major, they have a pretty solid program. A lot of the guys I know that we're pilots went from flight instructing to the regionals. One of my buddies just graduated and 4 months later is in a regional class with Envoy. If I was smart and wanted to save money I would have done my flight training at the University of Oklahoma. Although I am happy so far with my training at ATP. Best of luck to you too!
Did you get caught up in not being able to be hired as a controller because of the FAA's new diversity program? Or did you just decide you want to fly instead?

My son was an Air Traffic Management major last year (his freshman year) and switched to Professional Pilot major this year. The diversity thing got him concerned about the advisability of the air traffic control path. But now that he's switched to flying, he's really excited about that and I don't see him going back to air traffic control.

On another note, that football game today sucked! I think we need a new quarterback. And TCU's quarterback played lights out. My son is in the band and was at the game. I haven't talked to him today but I'll bet he's really bummed.