View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 11:04 PM
frozenboxhauler
Nice lookin' tree, there!

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man

Normally when I come to this forum, I do so as "comic relief" for whatever the the topic is but today is different.

I have been informed by a very knowledgable and reliable source that it was "our" Negotiating Chairman who proposed the freezing of our "A" plan while increasing the "B" plan to the Company's side of the table.

I'm sure that he would not have done so on his own accord and that at least two thirds of our MEC Officers had to have had backed this, along with some of the Block Representatives.

Not two weeks ago, we had about 19% of our brothers and sisters show up in Memphis, Los Angeles and Anchorage, most on their days off, to show their support for this pilot group and MEC!

I think our MEC needs to re-think this.

This (freezing of the "A" plan) will not effect those with over 25 years of service and if you're a new hire, it might even be a good thing but for the vast majority of us in the middle, it will be a huge loss!

I highly suggest that if you are in Representative Blocks; 4,5,6,11,14 and 100 you contact your Representative and ask where he stands on this issue.

Sincerely,
Robert Cecchi