View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Oberon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Flycameron View Post
Why is it, that I hear the military guys struggle with training more than a 121 guys does? My buddy that just went through said it was the military guys that had a hard time and in fact delta's operations were practically identical to that of the regional airline he came from. I could definitely see the military guys showing up prepared and looking sharp for an interview so that makes sense. It's the select few 121 guys that show up that seem to give us all a bad name but I can't imagine a military guy not showing up on time and looking sharp.
My fourth 121 training (Delta) went a lot smoother than my first 121 training. In my case I've been operating in the Delta (Connection) system for most of my career. Delta procedurally was a new airplane, checklist, and slightly different manual organization. Everything is new for a military guy and they may not have the frame of reference to deal with training situations as efficiently as 121 guys.

The military guys catch up pretty quickly. I bet there is little difference by their first line check.