View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:41 PM
KnightFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Some of you need to get a grip.

From the VC today:

... I would like to take a few moments of your time and address the attack on our “A” plan you heard about.
It is true that the company put forth a proposal to freeze your “A” plan, eliminate it, and rely solely on a cash balance plan for new hires choosing to fly for FedEx. FDX management proposed that. That company proposal in not only unacceptable, it is disrespectful and obviously a grab to either catch us off guard or put further delay obstacles in our path to concluding bargaining. Our mandate from the outset of negotiations has been to strengthen and enhance our current retirement plans, for all pilots. Management’s attempt does not rise to the level you have set for us to achieve. The bottom line is that nobody can just take our “A” plan away without a bankruptcy looming; it would have to be voted away by the majority of our members. This is a perfect example of why our pilots need to stay engaged and informed by talking with their block reps. as well as showing up at meetings. By doing that, we ensure that our system of governance will work as designed. I have said this many times: I have great respect for the character and integrity of this crew force and I am confident that such a huge grab by management will be seen for what it is, the mother of all concessions! ...