View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 06:57 AM
bottomfeeder2
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
Just saw this in SIG Notes:

Does this mean they can involuntary convert one of these R24 lines?

Could one find themselves flying over Thanksgiving even though they held a R24 line that didn't touch Thanksgiving?

Are these involuntary reserve conversions done in Reverse Seniority order?

And is that seniority honored across all types of reserve - A, B, R24 etc?

From SIG Notes....

Reserve Conversion: We have received reports that several pilots have had their awarded reserve line involuntarily converted to a secondary line.

Reserve line holders should make themselves familiar with CBA Section 25.D.4 regarding Conversion Lines.

Specifically of note is paragraph c regarding voluntary conversions:
Regardless of your “voluntary” conversion request, if there are trips remaining in open time that operate over New Year’s Eve and Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve and Day.

(CBA 25.D.4.e.1.b) the Company may involuntarily assign you a conversion line.

“If a pilot submits a line construction worksheet that identifies certain days off to be protected, his reserve line shall not be voluntarily converted unless those days off are protected.”
That's a lot of great questions....the way I read it, the only way to guarantee days off is to volunteer to have your line converted!

And no where does it say they have to do this in inverse seniority amongst ALL reserve lines. So could they convert ONLY r24 lines in inverse seniority, forcing guys who bid reserve with Holidays off into working Holidays? Has anyone ever been involuntarily converted? I've never seen or heard of it, and I've been doing reserve for a while.
When does it happen, after the VTO's I assume? Now I'm torn, do I volunteer to convert just to preserve my 5 day weekend over the Holiday? Thoughts?