View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Wild Bill
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: MD-11 F/O
Default No Matter What Guarantee is for real

It took three and half years for baggage handlers to damage my Eagle Creek bag to the point where it needed repair. I sent the damaged bag to the nearest repair facility. There is one on each coast. I thought they were going to have to give me a new bag as I thought it was beyond repair. They fixed it. The only way I could tell it was my old bag is the tires have some wear on them, but they are perfectly operable. I highly recommend the Eagle Creek bags with the "No Matter What Guarantee".

For those of you that insist on carrying a hook, please stop. They grab on everything especially cargo nets. Secure your small bag to your larger bag with a buttoned strap. Eagle Creek sells both. Personally, I bought a Skooba TSA friendly pro bag. Link:TSA friendly pro-bag
It simply slides over your extended luggage handle of your larger bag. You don't have to take your laptop or iPad out of the Skooba bag going through security, just flip open the compartment with the electronic device. If you have two or more you're still going to have to the others out.

There are never versions of the Eagle Creek bag I bought with some nice features, but I can vouch that their "No Matter What Guarantee" will only cost you shipping to their facility. Link:EC Adventure Hybrid 28 | Official Eagle Creek Website
Both are pricey, but the Eagle Creek bag with guarantee will pay off during the life of my aviation career.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2993_2.jpg (110.2 KB, 329 views)