Old 10-31-2014, 04:36 AM
Zero13
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Default Endorsement 2 for Mike Arcamuzi LEC 26 Blk 11

Fellow APLA members:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to recommend that you vote for Mike Arcamuzi as Block-11 Representative. I've known Mike for over twenty five years and have worked with him in leadership positions at ALPA-1, the FPA and ALPA-2. Mike's intelligence, integrity, drive and dedication to improve the lives of FedEx pilots and their families make him the best choice.

More significantly there are three areas that clearly make Mike's election critical as we move deeper into contract negotiations.

Firstly, Mike has over thirty years of history working in leadership and critical decision making positions within our union. The importance of this cannot be over emphasized. History gives an individual perspective, judgment and the ability to weigh issues more broadly. With few exceptions individuals currently serving on the MEC lack history.

Secondly, Mike brings negotiating experience to the MEC. He has sat at the negotiating table across from management. Simply put, this isn't his first rodeo. Many of the tactics currently being used by management are rehashes of things they've tried in the past. Having a negotiating background gives Mike invaluable insight that no other MEC member possesses.

Thirdly, Mike understands Retirement and Insurance. He has dealt with complex R&I issues while serving as an elected representative and as R&I chairman. Again, no other MEC member has this background and understanding. Mike understands the importance of a blended approach to retirement containing both defined benefit and defined contribution plans (as both have strengths and weaknesses). He understands that management can and must be challenged regarding their interpretations of regulations which affect our retirement plans. He understands the importance of strengthen and protecting these plans through solid negotiations, legislative changes and lobbying efforts.

In closing, I urge you all to vote for Captain Mike Arcamuzi. He brings in-depth background, judgement and strength of character we need at this critical time.

Captain Jack Anzur
( Former, Chairman Local Council-07,Block-1 Representative, R&I Chairman, Chairman ALPA National Strategic Planning committee for Negotiations and R&I, Chairman P2P, Secretary/Treasurer)