Thread: FDX - Crickets
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 05:10 AM
jetstar1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Your earlier time stamp notification gets triggered when YOUR trip request is processed. The fact that his was processed and his old trip showed up in OT has nothing to do with your request still waiting in the cue (it should - but that would make too much sense). It's certainly possible that his request was far enough ahead on the list that it got processed, then the scheduler went off to smoke a pack of luckys and read War and Peace and just hadn't gotten to yours yet.

Schedulers processing these requests is a joke. I had a request in for about an hour a few days ago. So, it's not a high volume period, the month is winding down. Plus, it's ANC - OT is glacial there - hardly any trades, minimal activity or changes. After an hour, I call the guy and asked him to process it. He starts to tell me he has some stuff to do and he'll get to it in about 10 minutes. Then he changes his mind and does it with me on the phone. Once he started to do it, the whole event took about 15 seconds. He looked at the list of requests (there was ONE - mine). I'm guessing he clicked on it and said "Process" or whatever. I got the notification 5 seconds later. Done.

I'm kicking myself now. I should have said something like: "Wow, that was quick. How come that same process will take 6 hours this Thursday night?"
Then Riddle me this. Why is it that I have had many other trades process, but I still have not received a disapproved notification for the pick up I was trying to get?