Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 PM
frozenboxhauler
Nice lookin' tree, there!

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man

Originally Posted by Zero13 View Post
Fellow ALPA members:

When I first transformed from a staunch anti-union person to someone accepting the need to organize here at FedEx, I was not sure where to start and who to trust. Through mutual friends, I was introduced to Mike Arcamuzi via telephone. We met face to face while I was on a layover in Chicago (where Mike was living at the time). I found Mike to be a realist. He was not anti-company. He was not a single minded ALPA man. He was not emotional about the issues the pilots faced. Instead, he was very business like in his understanding of FedEx history, its culture, and what had changed at that point to bring us to discuss a union. He saw things for how they really were, not how he wished them to be. As we shook hands to say goodbye, Mike offered his personal services and he handed me a check for $500 as seed money towards the organizing effort. He put his money where his mouth was.
As time passed, Mike followed up on his promise to help. He never sought the spotlight. His goal was strictly to do the work necessary in whatever manner was appropriate.
I have the utmost respect and trust in Mike. He is a bright fellow, unashamed of his support for the FedEx pilots and their contribution the the company bottom line. He will work to create compromise where appropriate yet he can make the difficult, unemotional decisions when those events present themselves. Those are essential attributes of a true leader.
Mike has a clear vision of how FedEx management operates from his job as a long time line pilot and from prior union work. He also understands the delicate balance between butting heads with management and the need to protect our customers – the people that make our paycheck (and management's) possible.
Please take the time to read and learn about Mike at his blog Elect Mike for Block 11 . I think you'll find he is an open book, willing and ready to step up to the task of representing you and your family at the MEC level. Mike has my complete support.

John Whitehead
Capt. MD-11
I completely with Captain Whitehead!
Sincerely,
Robert Cecchi
Member in good standing