Old 11-01-2014, 09:01 AM
boxboy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD-11 Captain

After being elected a Block Rep years ago, I was strongly advised by ALPA legal to not post anything on social media sites while in office or even after serving. I took that advise but today I’m making an exception.

People get involved in the Union for many different reasons, some have a pet cause, some seek power or recognition, and others (the good ones) want to serve and share their knowledge and experience to better our lives.

The latter group also has character, integrity and honesty at the top of their resume. Mike Arcamuzi is one of those guys and my hope is you elect him as Block 11 Rep.

I met Mike years ago when he was the Block 2 Rep. I had some minor problems and as my Rep, he jumped right on it (probably a waste of his valuable time) and had it resolved. I never said thank you and all I remembered about him was his haircut (typical member).

Well a few years passed, Mike working on the MEC got us a contract and then decided to step down. I am a big believer in term limits and that got my respect. He finished his job and he moved on. I decided to run for Block 2 Rep to replace him. As the campaign began I asked Mike for his endorsement, he looked me straight in the eye and said no, he favored the other candidate. He could have blown me off with some political correct answer and did nothing, that’s what most political people would have done. Not Mike, he showed character and although I was disappointed, he earned my respect.

I was elected and a few years passed, some of you might remember the story of a crew detained in Almaty, well I was the Captain. Phone service being what it is in Almaty I could not contact my family. The only call I got through was to Jack Lewis (Chief Pilot at the time). Jack contacted the Union and my wife got a call explaining everything, not from a Block Rep, or the MEC Chairman, but from Mike. Our family will never forget that.

I could go on and on about all the committees Mike served on and all the time he volunteered to better our lives but I’m sure that’s been put out somewhere else.

Political views always differ. I am very conservative, Mike is quite liberal, but in the end, honesty and character are what makes a leader. Mike was there for the last contract, let’s put him there for this one.

Regards,
Vic Liberti

Former Block 2 Rep and Council 22 Chairman