Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:29 AM
Learflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Std Deviation View Post
I believe this has been corrected now. There was a rash of this in the February group (recency eliminations downstream, especially for military pilots on staff duty or reduced flying in previous 12 months). In my case, since I had no failures, violations, background issues, etc. (9,200 TT, 1400 TPIC, prior 121, but presently instructor/evaluator at 142 school-hence the recency) I assumed I'd move through phase II no problem.

I had resigned that week from current employer because I had another flying job offer. Had to decline a class date on the new job. I was left essentially unemployed for three months but anticipated a B6 class end of May - as those that interviewed with me received. It was a gamble on my end and my fault for declining the other position. Come May the recency issue came up in phase II. As I indicated prior, I had to go to a regional for 5 months at first year, reserve pay to solve the recency "problem.". Financially it was a huge blow - was just south of six figures at instructor position.

Kudos to JB for keeping me in the pool; however, the recency issue was evident at the interview. I had two strong internal advocates and I'm sure that helped. It's all good now and although lighter in the wallet, I'm glad it worked out. Just wanted to provide some situational awareness on the recency issue - fly, fly, fly or it seems to be the kiss of death.
I know that one all too well as I am a former 142 instructor my self. Glad they kept you in the pool.