Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 07:55 AM
cubanfiredawg
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: U Pay I Fly

Originally Posted by 321pilot View Post
saab2000, would you mind expanding on your comments about the ORF commute? We are seriously considering moving to the ORF area after I leave the Navy, and while I plan to apply to Air Wisconsin, I'll hopefully be working for a larger carrier sooner than later. Any experience commuting to ATL, CLT, or NYC?
I currently work for AWAC. This is my 3rd airline in 10 years. (furloughed, company shut down, ect) This is by far the best regional right now in regards to pay and contract. As for ORF, I'd have to agree. The lines are what made it difficult to commute for me. I currently live in Virginia Beach, so life is great. As for ATL, CLT, or NYC. I only have experience with ATL. Having lived there most of my life, and commuting out of there for the majority of my aviation career I'd say it's the easiest. A big reason is that it's the busiest airport in the world. There are direct flights to pretty much anywhere you want to go.

Example: NYC area there are almost 30+departures a day. ORF, over 6 flights a day. PHL, around 17 a day and DCA, around 15 a day. All direct. No connections. If you add in connecting flights your options triple.

I'm not sure of the other airports you had listed, but from my experience it is a little more difficult to get around from those locations. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions. Best of luck and thank you for your service!