View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 05:39 AM
ATCsaidDoWhat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: What day is it?

Originally Posted by doverby View Post
So I've been through the thread, but it's been a little while. Most of the past interviewees said the interviews were straighforward, with questions about what are typically expected. Jepps, maybe some other technical, why the desire to work for Atlas, tell me about a time, why not _____ (insert other airline here)?

In their invite email, they indicated that they'd like interviewees to show up after having read the company annual report. There's some great information in the annual report, but does anyone know of an area of this 117 page document that one should focus on? It's a pretty in depth, interesting report on the company. Do they want you to know what percentage of fuel expense was mitigated through the increased efficiency of the 747-8F in 2013, or do they want you to speak intelligently about broader categories, such as being able to list ACMI and CMI customers of theirs, fleet size, etc. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Understand what the company does and how ACMI works. And how a customer leased, demand driven operation means that once the wheels are up on Leg 1, all bets may or may not be off in terms of your schedule. Which means you may not be back for that holiday of special event and no, they're not going to fly you home for it if you get magically "sick."

If you can do that as well as understand and fully accept that it's not a 3 on 4 off domestic job and never will be...you will have gleaned the critical parts of the report.

Truth is, they're getting fed up with guys who come, get the rating, complain from Day 1 about how they did it at Brand X, and start pumping resumes to legacies as soon as the type rating is in their hip pocket. It cost's a lot of $$ for them to do that and lose someone and they're over it.