View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 AM
U-I pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: EMB135BJ SIC

A lot of furloughed and unemployed jet pilots have/will find jobs outside aviation. I would bet this would be a smaller but prevelant market similar to corporate and fractionals today.

It is a cheap means for a pilot/owner to get jet performance at an affordable price. Notice that before the eclipse, mustang, and other VLJ's a "cheap" jet could not be had for $3mil. and definitly not factory new as these will be. Though small, this will be a family/business personal transport aircraft.

How are people that currently buy first class tickets going to weigh the security ease with the cramped cabin, slower (cruise speed), less range, no bathroom, and limited inflight services. If anybody has been inside a early series lear, there isnt a whole lot of room for sprawling out. The biggest benefit will be direct flights to and from small non-serviced (or connecting service) airports.

It seems good in theory but for the money, I'll take off my shoes to enjoy the first class service on the struggling airlines if they take the same route.