View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
rh84

Default needing direction

Hey everyone,
I have been reading all of the forums and I have learned a lot of valuable information from you all. I am hoping that some of you would be willing to offer me some advice for my individual situation. I am 21 and a junior at the University of Pennsylvania. I have 38 hours TT and am about to take test/checkride for my private. I am studying business at Penn, and I really don't like it and I know I want to fly. I would definitely like to eventually get to a major carrier, and can tough out the costs/low salaries on the way to get there. I noticed a lot of you said it would be necessary to have a 4-year degree to get any further than a regional airline. I will have a 4 year degree in Economics (nothing to do with aviation) next year. I am considering places like RAA after graduating Penn, but I really haven't looked much into it. Would I need more education in something dealing with aviation? What would be a good route to take from this point? Many of you are very knowledgeable in this regard and I am relatively clueless. Any advice you could offer would be appreciated. Thank you.