Old 12-29-2014, 01:39 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by PilotJ3 View Post
you can get hired of the street even if you're in a flow program. The big mistake is that I've seen people that are waiting for the flow so they can keep the company seniority for vacation purposes. I rather lose my vac and start from 0 but at the beginning of the wave.

I've seen Envoy CAs and FOs hired of the street this last year. Now, understand that with 50% of the total hires of the year being envoy pilots + 48 PSA + 36 PDT = less of the street people. I talked to a recruiter and he told me that 5,000 AA pilots have recommended people. The pool of applicants is big and chances are slim to be called, because they just randomly pick people from that pool to interview.
Both Envoy captains and F/O's have been hired off the street at Delta, United and AA this year. They are mixed in at AA with the 20 or other street hires per monthly class which is usually about 50% of the total monthly hiring total. 2015 will likely see about 220 AA flows and an equal street hire number with some being Eagle streeties (20 flows/month for 11 months, and maybe one class in early December). If they go above 40/month total in some months perhaps a bit more. But there is an expected log jam for IOE approaching as thousands of domestic pilots will need 2 legs of International OE and it doesn't matter where the logjam occurs, it's a log jam. That will likely keep hiring modest for most of the year. In 2016, PBS kicks in and then we have a surplus of pilots and that may even stop hiring for awhile, although an undetermined bubble will need to be maintained, but this also means sluggish flow opportunities.