View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

We have to be careful what we read in the media these days. There would be an article about how the economy is going to pot like yesterday and it would be right next to an article on a housing boom. For example, I read an article that the economy is slowing down because of high gas prices and foreign competition and what have you, but a couple clicks on my trusty mouse later, I was reading an article on how this summer is going to be crazy because record numbers of people are flying and the airports are having trouble keeping up and Boeing is predicting that airlines will be buying 28,000 aircraft in the next 20 years and the regional airlines are having such a heck of a time finding enough 200 hour wonders let alone an experienced pilot in either seat, so what are we to believe anyway. How’s that for a run on sentence?

Bill Ayer is no dumb chump. I'm sure ALPA knows this and it strives to negotiate from a position of strength instead of being on the defensive. A return to status quo of 2005 is not acceptable.

Last edited by vagabond; 06-13-2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Little moi committed a grammatical error - egads.