Old 01-07-2015, 12:51 PM
inline five
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: A320 F/O

Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
Here is a simple calculator for you. Tally it up.

22 on the BOD agree we should all be paid for every day we are on the company leash.

$4,000,000,000.00 is the profit last year.
$7,000,000,000.00 is the profit this year.
$1B was the proffit he projected.
$1,900,000,000.00 is the new projected fuel savings.
$30-$50 million is the cost of the single item we have asked for.

The BOD offered an immediate close on the deal for a measly $50M, yet Parker said no. He gave the FAs twice that and they didn't even ask or give anything in return.

For just $50M spread out over 6 years Parker could have been a hero for making just one improvement, but he had to snub his nose and magnify his s!httty labor attitude.

Who is the dmuba$$??
I think most no voters have the same mentality as the FAs who voted no. Every single one I talked to said they voted no because they thought it would pass yet wanted to "show" the company they weren't happy. They actually did want it to pass.

I think it would be great if Parker gave us min day. It's not going to happen no matter how high the company's profits go.

I also think even with the companies high $85 mil price tag it's such an insignificant factor in the overall value of the increased contract that we'd be idiots to not pass it.

Would you rather make $80k-$100k less but have a min day that would compensate, on average, $1.25 per hour? Roughly $6k over the life of the contract. That is essentially what you are saying.

It just doesn't make sense, and trying to "show" the company just shows how emotional we are.

Be ****ed, but at least have the money in your pocket at the same time for Pete's sake!