View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Really? Zpig I respectfully disagree. We have lots of stupid threads, but I sort of like this one. I remember in indoc a story about a pilot asking the same thing...ended up moving to Sioux Falls. He wanted a FedEx terminal but not a lot of nearby FedEx pilots. Anecdote was he looked at places with lots of flights and not many staging pilots and made his choice. Legend? Dunno...but he had a point...

Sometimes for a military guy the problem is there are too many choices! We are used to moving on someone else's schedule going where we are told. Its liberating but also daunting when you can finally say "now what?"

Same verse--different application....I am changing planes and domiciles and doing the FDA thing. Realizing that A) I can move wherever I want when I come back stateside and B) I probably won't have the 30% MD11 FO travel bank to commute with and I am also looking at this thread with interest. I love skiing, but I think the DEN FDX mafia would tar and feather me if I started competing for their jumpseats. BOI is nice, as is GEG, but maybe I live there part time and stay in Florida. NW Florida is a miserable commute if you don't have bank, so maybe we move to central FL? I find the discussion interesting. I'd like to live in domicile in ANC as a captain, but I have a feeling train has left the station and won't be coming back. I don't want to live in MEM, LAX, or IND...so what is next? You get the idea...there are points in life when you CAN make your own call on where to live. Its not just a question for new hires or wannabes, but also empty nesters, FDA returnees, or folks who are just a bit ready for a change.