Old 01-22-2015, 05:58 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Skubajet View Post
I disagree. I personally feel that DP won't cave in to the pilots wants to prove that he won't cave to APA. Watch confessions of a union buster. Its about control...that what's important..not keeping pilots happy. If he gives us everything we want, we win and he is too smart for that to happen.

Everyone blames APA for not being united. That may be part if it but bottom line is our management is the elephant in the room. Delta wouldn't have the contract they have if it weren't for Anderson and his philosophy on happy employees = successful airline.

IMHO, its way to risky to chance losing the 1.7B.An extra 100k over 5 yeArs pays my kids college education or will be worth north of 500k after years in investments. Get the payrates now since its a sure thing and and slowly work at getting work rules back.
I keep hearing the "live to fight another day" argument with a yes vote, but so far nobody can put forth a viable plan. If our pay is still the cheapest in 2020 and Parker has everything but LTD and scope, just how do we get anything back ?

He's just going to demand another quid pro quo like this time expecting us to give those up to match Delta rates again, so we will not be gaining anything, just losing more to pay for the next pay raise. The other option if we balk will be to just kick the can for years. That works for Parker too as we'll be the cheapest in 2020.

In reality, we're really committing Seppuku by ratifying this TA. I guess if people understand that and prefer the short-term gratification then we will have to live with what we have now or even less in the future. Thankfully, the next deal (if it ever comes) will be my last and the yes voters of today who will still be around then will have to figure out their strategy. I don't envy them, that's for sure.