Old 01-23-2015, 02:34 AM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Ekpt40 View Post
He makes excellent points. I have been troubled by the companies desire to extend the amendable date.
Mr Parker and Mr Kirby suspect that DAL will get a significant raise that will increase costs if we stay with the MTA. With the present offer we are front loaded, but risk being well below DAL for an extended period of time. That is a huge cost advantage to AAG. Back of napkin math of about 300m a year.

Also, they want to have as much flexibility as possible regarding any health care costs.

I started out yes, went to no,went to yes, and am back to no.
Not for HBT, dom/int, or anything else except the two year extra wait on the next contract. By then, we may be in a downturn and would not get better rates.

If DAL ALPA says modify PS into a fixed salary increase of x percent, we are golden.
And- you all know DAL does not want to be at a cost disadvantage to AAG.
If we vote no, I fully expect DAL to finish up in time for our Jan catch up.
If we vote yes that probably will not happen and they will try to lower the wage gap.

Its weird,but a yes vote windfall for us puts downward pressure on DAL pay.
A no vote slight pay increase til Jan2016 puts upward wage pressure on DAL and AAG. That says volumes about how out of synch we are.
Yep. That's right, the downward pressure is the NEW "pattern bargaining" strategy of the APA. It was only a matter of time, anyway.