Old 01-23-2015, 05:38 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by DCA A321 FO View Post
Yo Birdman, don't get me wrong, a yes vote is not doom and gloom, it's just not the best course of action for the future. I am happy here working 15 days a month, I just don't want to work any more days per month and will not.
Well, I think it depends on what "doom and gloom" means to any given person. I still haven't heard a game plan for any leverage in 2020 except for trading LTD and/or scope for Delta rates. For me, that's not doom and gloom. If Parker kicks the can until 2025 or longer, I can live with that too. I just don't see any point after this of playing the same old game with the same old results. I'll take fast cash then and trade scope or keep LTD and stay at Delta - 15-20%.

Either way, I'm cool with that. If someone can convince me that the same game won't be played agin, I might change my mind, but I don't see us having any weapons of leverage to bargain with. This junior and/or younger might think differently, but they'll have to carry the water next time and I think the majority of 57-64 year olds (the majority of pilots then) will prefer their own exit contract just like Keith and Neil do now.

Just my .02.........