Old 01-23-2015, 06:10 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by fr8tmastr View Post
It will be much different then... All time RECORD PROFITS will be gone, and management will be telling us not only can they not give us back any of our work rules they actually need some of the cash back as well. But in order to take as little back as possible, they could make due if they only had some more scope relief.

And the worst part is, the Internet heroes will be lining up once again to give give give all the while justifying everything with statements like "take the emotion out of it" "we will get them in 2030" etc.

I am not clairvoyant, I just look to the past. This is why it is so important for HR to do the hiring, they know exactly the type of pilot they want. they get the same results over and over again.
I agree. The past is so consistent, the future can't miss. If it passes on Feb. 1, I couldn't care less what happens at AA or to this pilot group. Over the next 5 years, I plan to take advantage of the new shiny $$$ to maximize my personal position so as to be in a position to not need AA by 2020. I've crunched the numbers and 80 hours month at group II F/O gets me there. Group III or IV even better so that time is simply gravy, although I don't think I'll venture into Group IV. I'll plan to stay longer of course, but it is peaceful to know you can walk away at any time.

If this whole disaster is to reinforce one concept in 7 days, it's that we really aren't a union or association, but 13,000 independent contractors and that's EXACTLY what Doug, Scott and Jerry want out of this deal. I plan to send them all an email congratulating them on achieving exactly that.