Old 01-24-2015, 07:43 AM
ackattacker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Pitot heat, what's to eat?

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I agree. The past is so consistent, the future can't miss. If it passes on Feb. 1, I couldn't care less what happens at AA or to this pilot group. Over the next 5 years, I plan to take advantage of the new shiny $$$ to maximize my personal position so as to be in a position to not need AA by 2020. I've crunched the numbers and 80 hours month at group II F/O gets me there. Group III or IV even better so that time is simply gravy, although I don't think I'll venture into Group IV. I'll plan to stay longer of course, but it is peaceful to know you can walk away at any time.

If this whole disaster is to reinforce one concept in 7 days, it's that we really aren't a union or association, but 13,000 independent contractors and that's EXACTLY what Doug, Scott and Jerry want out of this deal. I plan to send them all an email congratulating them on achieving exactly that.
So... so just I get this straight... if the pilot group democratically votes yes on a JCBA that pays out a lot of money now in exchange for a few contentious and debatable provisions, that the Negotiating Committee and the President of the the Union and significant portion of the 22 member BOD recommend that they vote yes on, then at that point you will "not care" what happens to the rest of the pilot group because they have no unity (presumably unity, to you, means voting the way you prefer). Then you will take the money that they voted for and build yourself a better future, while bitterly despising them for voting to pay you that money.

Just so we're clear.

Personally, if this is voted in, I plan to use the money to buy my fellow pilots more beer on overnights, because I'll be loaded.

If this is voted down, I plan to buy my fellow pilots more beer on overnights also, cause I'll still be loaded, and in the long run it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.