Old 01-24-2015, 08:13 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by ackattacker View Post
So... so just I get this straight... if the pilot group democratically votes yes on a JCBA that pays out a lot of money now in exchange for a few contentious and debatable provisions, that the Negotiating Committee and the President of the the Union and significant portion of the 22 member BOD recommend that they vote yes on, then at that point you will "not care" what happens to the rest of the pilot group because they have no unity (presumably unity, to you, means voting the way you prefer). Then you will take the money that they voted for and build yourself a better future, while bitterly despising them for voting to pay you that money.

Just so we're clear.

Personally, if this is voted in, I plan to use the money to buy my fellow pilots more beer on overnights, because I'll be loaded.

If this is voted down, I plan to buy my fellow pilots more beer on overnights also, cause I'll still be loaded, and in the long run it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.
If this is voted in, then I no longer see a group capable if attaining anything in the future. So........what I will do in 2020 is use some of the very same rationalization a many if the yes voters now are doing and taking what I can, while I can regardless of the long-term consequences.