Old 01-24-2015, 05:27 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by ERflyer View Post
Can you detail the process for me? I admittedly have a rudimentary understanding of your process but copied from this thread:

If you vote no on the agreement:

1. You get a minimum 14.3% pay raise in 2016 and there is a mechanism to increase rates further based on DAL and UAL pay rates. [In my opinion we - Delta - will receive a 25% minimum increase in the value of our contract over four years before the end of this year.]

2. No further pay increases in 2015. [We just received a 3% increase in pay Jan. 1 and lost 2% in profit sharing 2 years ago. Not much either for 2015.]

3. No work rules changes. Any changes will have to be negotiated with APA. [As Delta and ALPA continue to tweek our contract over the last three years we have come to agreements (Letters of Agreement) with Delta on scope with Virgin Atlantic, FAR 117, and increased our Average Daily Guarantee to 5:15 from a DPA of 4:30 to name a few.]

4. The contract is one year shorter than the Company proposal. [Shorter is much, much better.]

5. Contract negotiations begin in one year and eleven months.

The only way to "slow down" the deal is to vote no as the die is cast. It's up to the membership now but you're sort of backed into a corner. Nothing APA can do now.

I know ultimately this is none of my business. It's your contract and your deal. People often underplay the intelligence of pilots. You all are smart and if you all think it's a good deal you'll vote yes. If it's not you'll vote no and take a another crack at it.

I don't know what the airline industry will be like in 6 years.
I do now we're all printing money. 2015-DAL $6.5 Billion, AAL $8 Billion 2017 DAL $10 Billion, AAL $10 Billion. And our managements want to give us as little as possible.
You have a good grasp. The APA BOD was too divided to do anything but punt to the pilots, so we either validate their weakness as reality or correct it. If we validate it, not only will we be empty-handed in 2020 to change it, Parker will see that we can be manipulated and controlled with ease.