Old 01-30-2015, 09:21 AM
trashhauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Sure, there must be a good reason for Howie preferring Article VIII charges, and there must be something I'm not telling. I'm obviously trying to cover up the wrong-doing of the charged members.

Then why is Howie the one refusing to answer simple, direct questions? I asked him to tell us what the charges are -- in public, in front of 50 or so dues-paying members in good standing. Nothing. Wouldn't talk. Lawyered up. He won't tell us what his motivation is. He won't tell us what he thinks those people did wrong. He won't tell us what remedy -- discipline, fine, or expulsion -- he seeks. HE'S the one that needs to be answering questions, not me.

I will not be baited into attepting to divine the motivations of the former Legislative Affairs Committee Chairman, or to guess what he's trying to accomplish. After all, I don't want to be brought up on Article VIII charges for hurting someone's feelings.

It appears that he is unhappy that he was removed from his appointment, and that he believes that he was unfairly punished. (By the way, removing an appointee is not punishment.) It is obvious this is entirely politically motivated -- pure vindictiveness.

And it is obviously done with total disregard for the pilots of FedEx who deserve to be served by a well-functioning MEC. In this case, the pride and ego of a single individual is more important.

But it must be me not telling part of the story ...

Wow, calm down Tony. I'm not accusing you of anything. It sounded like to me that you were saying these guys were being charged for no other than political reasons. If that's the case, nothing will come of it. If not, then there may be merit to the charges. As for hurting to continuity and unity of our MEC, that was gone long ago. We have certain MEC members that don't play nice with others. Any way you look at this, it's not good for our pilot group to have such a dysfunctional MEC. Then again, it might be a fair representation of this pilot group