Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by trashhauler View Post

Wow, calm down Tony. I'm not accusing you of anything. It sounded like to me that you were saying these guys were being charged for no other than political reasons. If that's the case, nothing will come of it. If not, then there may be merit to the charges. As for hurting to continuity and unity of our MEC, that was gone long ago. We have certain MEC members that don't play nice with others. Any way you look at this, it's not good for our pilot group to have such a dysfunctional MEC. Then again, it might be a fair representation of this pilot group

OK, fair enough. While I do not know the specific charges that were preferred by Howie (that's the reason I asked Howie), he said they were at the request of Eissler. (That's what Howie stated at the Joint Council Meeting.) I believe Eissler's actions are politically motivated, and were precipitated by his removal from his appointment as the chairman of an MEC standing committee. I don't know what he's accusing the 7 ALPA members of doing (that's 1 ALPA First Vice President, 5 MEC members, and 1 other pilot), but I don't think it would be happening if he were still on FDX ALPA Flight Pay Loss instead of flying an airplane on Christmas Day.

We agree on the other stuff.