View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 AM
keiundraj
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: E145 Right Side

Originally Posted by Planespotta View Post
. . . and, I've done my research. I'm probably going to go to ATP after college (during college, I'll get some ratings and do lots of flying in my spare time to minimize my time at an ATP school.)

I just have a few questions/points that I wish to be clarified:

1) If you go to ATP school and obtain your CFI there, then you can instantly begin working as a CFI for ATP, correct?

2) How much time do you get to spend working with jets at ATP? I've watched all those "great" videos of night landings and what not on ATP's website, but do you really get that much time in jets? Or, do you just do a little bit of high-altitude training and ILS work, and that's it?

I'll post more questions soon. Thanks in advance for your input . . .
1) You can be working as Soon as you're done with your CFI. Only if you're waiting on a particular location you may have to wait if there's no position open there yet. There usually always a position open at one of the locations some people just want a particular location

2) I'm not sure if you're talking about the D-Jets. If you are the D-Jets aren't out the factory yet.....EVERY student at ATP get 2-3hrs of jet time in a CJ1 and they get a high altitude enforcement from it. Those are the videos on the website you're referring to.

3) Don't listen to the people who haven't been there and have no clue on what goes on!!!!