View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Slice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan

Originally Posted by keiundraj View Post
More that you'll get at any other flight school, not to mention the high altitude endorsement

You said......

Wow you changed that.... I was just proving that you don't know what's going on.... The gentleman referred to the videos he saw on the web site and those videos are of students flying ATPs CJ1 getting their endorsement. You do everything in the plane too except taxi it and start the engines. You take it off land it and fly it when Autopilot isn't in control. It's a good exprience. My ex roommate said he flew the plane for at least 1.5 of the 2.4 he got.
You're right, I thought he was referring to the D-jets. The CJ time isn't really necessary and the high altitude endorsement is about the most useless thing the FAA has on the books. One should be required to go through the chamber to get it. I got to fly a CJ for around a 1.5 when I was a new CPL. While I'll say it was a cool experience, big picture you're not going to get much out of it with such little time and no repeat exposure. Sounds like an expensive gimmick to me. I haven't watched the videos but apparently they led him to believe he'd get a lot of flying in jets, hence the 'hype' comment.