Thread: Empire?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 09:09 PM
skudrun
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: ATR 72 left seat
Default Just Say No

I have to agree with ALL the negative comments about Empire Airlines.Sorry, but it's true....The flying is simple but it's extremely stressful working for Empire because they look for ANY reason to fire pilots..The secret to keeping a job there is to keep your mouth shut and stay sharp as a tack...meaning...if they ask you a question be sure to answer an Empire's correct "Everything is Awesome" answer.Don't even make a joke that could be construed as being negative in any fashion or else...Speeding ticket ? They could easily say that you are reckless and therefore a liability to Empire.They will nosedive on you in a millisecond and start with the "What if's" ??

Seriously,the people at HQ are like the 'Lego Movie' characters (LOL) if your not exactly like them then you MUST be different and then the witch hunt begins and you WILL be fired...I won't admit where I'm based either for fear of being fired....I'm NOT kidding...STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE AIRLINES....!!!!

So, what do you think happen to the Missoula Captain ? Next !!!

Flip a coin for the 50% plus failure rate at Flight Safety and you might get to try your luck with IOE...

Missoula was nice in the summer but I heard that the winter there is God awful.You are required to monitor the loading which can take about 1 hour each direction standing outside in the -C temps. and BLOWING wind...Block time=1.5 hrs. per night x 5 nights per week =7.5 hrs.per week...once you get 100 hrs. PIC. you will be splitting the 7.5 hrs. a week with another Captain...half PIC. and half SIC....Even if you flew a whole month you would be lucky to get 12-15 hrs. PIC.

I'm not a time builder but I'm spending more time freezing my ars off being a 'load monitor' rather than flying for a living....

I can't wait to get another job so I can get my sanity back..interview in 1 week...OH,THANK GOD !!!