View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 03:32 PM
pilot207
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Right Seat A320

Intl Jumpseating on HAL is a breeze. Call the 1-855-325-8948 #. Tell them you are an Other Airline Pilot (OAL) hoping to make a listing for the AKL flight. Make sure you create a listing for the whole round trip, both legs. They will ask you for you info and create the listing.

Arrive into HNL, go to the HAL checkin area, and you have to go to one of the two customer service desks at the checkin terminal. Tell them you listed for the AKL flights, give them your record locator, and tell them you want to JS international. They will ask for the medical, company ID, licenses and passport. then process everything and ask you for the credit card for payment. Usually cost me $55 for the whole round trip. Your allowed 2 check in bags for free. They will fill out the HAL JS form and have you go the gate and check in with the agent and then tell you to introduce yourself to the Captain and crew and sign off on it. Only can sit in the cabin as you probably are aware of until ALPA finishes working on the INTL JS stuff hopefully later this year. The best and cheapest way to get to NZ by far. Always bring some chocolates for the FA's and Flight Crew, that will always be a nice way to say thanks for the ride. On the way back to HNL, no need to fill out any JS form, just checkin as a regular nonrev. Just make sure to stop by and say thanks for the ride to the Capt and crew.

I used go to AKL every other month on HAL, now my Girlfriend is a FA for Air NZ, so I can usually go on her benefits from SFO. Hopefully working on getting my stuff together and leave my current regional FO job, and work for Air NZ in the future.