View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Flyinhigh
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Tanker0906 View Post
All,

I've been told by several people that it's a break even scenario to make the jump to the majors at 11-12 years of service. That's pretty much true according to the spreadsheet I just worked. Would any of you QC my numbers? I can't figure out how to drop a file into the forum. I'm new to it all, but hope to make my decision by this Aug. The table snapshot below shows the options I've looked at in terms of total income from now until I'm 80...I can't find a better way to capture the 401K offered by Delta/FedEx. I only accounted for their "contributions." This assumes a 5-yr upgrage from FO-Capt. Any idea what the timelines are now for hi-time military pilots?

...............................................Del ta.................FedEx
20 Active + 22 Airlines...............5,987,103...........6,595,1 03
31 Airlines + TR........................6,112,604...........6,97 2,604
22 Airlines + AGR......................6,125,597...........6,769 ,597
The current time to upgrade at FedEx is probably 10 years (unless you want to go to an overseas domicile). Being a high time military pilot (whatever that is) has nothing to do with upgrade. It's all about the seniority!!! What will your income be over a 30 year airline career? How many years are you going to be furloughed? This whole business is one big crap shoot and until you cross the finish line it is just numbers on a spread sheet. It is nice to plan but there are no guarantees.