View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 06:51 PM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

I just VSP'd at the 7.5 year point and I could not be happier. Pay aside, I love having the freedom to live where I want. The travel perks are nice and I can not tell you how refreshing it is to know your primary duty is to be a pilot and fly airplanes. No emails, no OPR's, no masters degrees, no knee pads for the Commander, no PME, and no Middle East! I don't know how anyone with the opportunity to separate right now wouldn't jump at it with the hiring that has already started and will continue.

If the airlines aren't your thing then that's one thing and good on ya for putting your 20 in, but if you have aspirations of going to the airlines there is no better time for that than now. I would hate to be hired at the end of this wave. Seniority isn't just pay and upgrade times. It's getting the lines you want and the time home with the family.

I've been out for 4 months and flying 121 for 2 months. Granted I'm sure I won't always love it this much, but my family already sees the happiness in me. They love it. They love seeing me happy to go to work and happy to come home to them in a good mood while leaving work at work. I don't think about work until it's time to pack my bag for my next trip. You just can't put a price on that if you ask me. I wouldn't trade my VSP for the world.