View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 06:39 AM
Knots2U
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Default Atta Boys and Girls

It simply amazes me, when we get these 'atta boys and girls' letters from the company, every time we demonstrate how important, and effective we are in doing our jobs, which is instrumental in the success of this company, on a nightly basis, under adverse and challenging conditions. We get them every year during, and after the peak season, and during the year, whenever the weather causes massive disruptions to the system. Unfortunately, that is all we get. Do we get a timely contract that reflects our contribution the the company? Do we get enhancements to adequately compensate for the cost of living? Do we get the recognition and respect for the job we do, reflected in a fair and appropriate contract? No. We get a letter. (and on occasion, a free buffet during hub turns) In addition, we get letters asking us for more. Letters asking us for our help. All the while, trying to offer us concessions on our next contract, which will take away hard earned conditions and benefits.
Sometimes the letters are laughable. Sometimes they are insulting. (ok, most of the time, they are insulting) Rarely, if ever, are they worth reading, much less considering.
Talk is cheap. I guess the company thinks that it can get by with feeding us letters (and barbecue) every now and then, to keep us happy.
"Thanks for the superhuman efforts! Here's your pat on the back. Now excuse me while I go deposit my bonus check that you helped me earn".